The section covers all the steps for Troubleshooting the Payment Page WordPress plugin.
Payment Page is meant to be extremely easy to use. However, as with any software, bugs or conflicts can arise. This guide is meant to give you a thorough overview of everything you can attempt to resolve issues you might have when using the plugin.
If you encounter any errors, please kindly follow the steps below:
- 1.Ensure you're using the latest versions of A) the Payment Page plugin, B) all integrated plugins (E.g. - Elementor), and C) WordPress. Before updating, you should always have a backup of your site available.
- 2.Ensure you have an SSL security certificate set up properly for your site. The plugin requires secure connections to 3rd party payment gateways, like Stripe and PayPal, as well as to our API and our website to be able to import our notifications or the latest templates.
- 3.Clear the cache at all levels to ensure you're seeing the latest version of your site (possible caching may include server-side, website via caching plugins, CDN (e.g. - Cloudflare), and browser caching. All 4 levels are relevant and can have a big impact on what you're seeing when visiting your site.
If the issues continue, more aggressive steps include:
- 1.Temporarily disable all caching on the website, including server-side caching, any caching plugins, and clearing your browser cache or using an incognito window. Disable or Pause your CDN completely on the site. Then, follow step #2.
- 2.Temporarily disable all other plugins, except the required ones (e.g. - Elementor), and activate a default WordPress theme. If that resolves the issue, reactivate the plugins and desired theme one-by-one and run a test each time. Once you discover the conflicting plugin or theme, contact support and report the conflict so we can investigate it further and see if we need to release a fix or contact the other team to request a fix in their plugin.
If the issues persist, please open a support ticket by following the instructions below.
Our support team is available Mon - Fri, 9am - 6pm PST. Please note that we strive to respond to all requests within 24 hours, excluding weekends. You can open a support ticket on our website at https://payment.page/support/.
When opening a support ticket, please keep in mind that our team needs to fully understand what you're experiencing. The best way to do that is by providing as many details as possible, so here is a list of the items that will help us help you:
- 1.Please be sure you've attempted all of the steps above that you possibly can. As a WordPresser for 10+ years and the Founder of Payment Page, I can let you know from personal experience that these Troubleshooting Steps generally resolve 99% of issues and are the most efficient way to a solution. Therefore, all of these items should be ruled out completely before involving our team. [Required]
- 2.Record a video explaining how to reproduce the issue or take a screenshot along with a detailed written explanation of how to reproduce the issue. [Required]
- 3.Share the URL of the page with the issue. [Required]
- 4.Confirm the:
- 1.PHP Version
- 2.WordPress Version
- 3.Payment Page Version
- 4.Elementor Version
- 5.Share the WP-Admin login URL and Administrator-level access of your site by either of the steps below: [Optional]
- 6.FTP/SFTP login details. [Optional]
- 7.If you provide login details in Step #5 or Step #6, be 100% sure you have a backup of your site handy. [Required]